Saturday, September 19, 2009

It’s a go go for Yo Yo!

When I was young I would play with my YoYo for hours and must admit I was pretty good at it.  Now that I am ‘older’ I am still playing with yo yo’s…..only a different kind.  It is also one of the things that Natasha shared at Club on Tuesday.  I love those little fabric circles- if you use the Clover gizmo they are fast and easy and very cute. And they come in different sizes, too!   And no I don’t own the company and no I am not getting anything free from Clove…unless of course they see this and decide to send me a new thimble, pencil, pins….whatever! 

P1020966

Just follow the simple directions and it is a snap.  If I was still teaching, I would get my grade one children whipping these up-they are that easy!  (To the Clover staff - just send the merchandise to the following address…..)

    P1020969

This is how I used them, as centers to flowers.

P1020971

Natasha showed us how to wrap the finished yoyo with the thread 4-5 times to make petals on a flower.  Cute and simple!  You just take the thread through the middle and wrap it around pulling tight and wrap again further down the circle. Keep doing it until you have formed the flower.  Adorable. P1020845 P1020846 

Here are are two ways to use yoyo in a festive fashion.

P1020848

The last thing I would like to show you is this wonderful yoyo quilt that one of the ladies brought in for sharing.  It is over 50 years old and was made by her aunt….done before they had handy little yoyo gizmos….

P1020849

P1020850

Look at the fabrics and the workmanship –it’s a good thing!

ONE MORE GOOD THING- GIVE-AWAY SPOTTED!!

Look at what Natalie Ross is giving away – three patterns for this very cute folder cover and caddy.   Very sweet!        ! 

image

Let’s do the Math….if she is  giving 3 patterns away that means one for me, one for you and one for another blogging friend (after all we quilters like to share! :o)   Sounds fair to me!)  Natalie has a beautiful blog filled with all kinds of eye candy.  If you haven’t visited her blog now’s the time….tell her Paulette sent you!

Have a super Saturday and Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

  1. I love those yo-yo's on the Christmas stocking. Just so cute. I don't think I'd ever spend time making them though...seems really time consuming to me even with the gadget. I've often seen quilts made with them in antique stores. I'm betting that the ladies got together for quilting bees and did them together. What fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine the patience it takes to make a bazillion yo yos for that yo you quilt! Yo yos are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those yo yo makers!!! Im making coasters with my yo yos! (you put a bottle cap in the yo yo and pull the fabric tight. then you stitch a few together and you have a coaster!

    ReplyDelete