Monday, October 5, 2009

Pumpkin and Spice… and Cookies with Santa….

Yesterday was a gorgeous day – warm and sunny so I spent half the day gardening - and my reward for all that hard work was to spend the other half sewing!  My Fall Pumpkin and Spice quilt is coming along but I have had to re-invent the whole pattern.  Now I know why the pattern was free (it came with the Pumpkin and Spice Panel).  Maybe it’s just me, but the sizes of the blocks are off and very poor directions….I even pulled out my Quilt blocks books to see if that would help.  Oh well….I went with what I wanted to do and it’s turning out even better than I thought it would….I will show you pictures..tomorrow…maybe…

Did you know that there are only 81 days until Christmas?  Less than 3 months!!  YIKES!  I always like to make Christmas gifts….

Last Christmas, I made two quilted tablecloths for gifts - one for my daughter and one for a girlfriend.  They turned out so cute that I REALLY want to make one for ME this year.

DCP_1196

For each tablecloth I used a Christmas Charm Pack , a centre square of off white with two machine appliquéd gingerbread men and holly (buttons for holly berries, eyes and GB buttons).  DCP_1187  DCP_1188

I hand stitched a little saying around the the off white border.  They both turned out very cute and everyone was happy with their gifts.  I don’t have a pattern – I got the gingerbread man shape out of a colouring book and the idea for the tablecloth out of a magazine but I don’t remember which one….sorry…  I machine quilted both tablecloths by quilting 1/2 inch out on both sides of the seams.

DCP_1189

What is it about gingerbread men that I love so much… cute? adorable? smell delicious? they make a great  story…?  Oh yeah….they taste wonderful!

Yup…only 81 days until Christmas…..but first I have to finish with Fall and Pumpkins….

Have a terrific Tuesday and Happy Quilting!

6 comments:

  1. Love all things gingerbread boy and girl!!! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this table cloth ideas is too cute. I absolutely adore anything about Gingerbread for my holiday kitchen. I put up all my gingerbread things in the fall and leave them in the kitchen until just after Valentine's Day. I bet that the charm pack saved you some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so precious!!! I love it.

    sweetjeanette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tablecloth is so nice if it wants a holiday it can come to my house it would get a lovely reception lol
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful tablecloth! I know a lot of people on my list who would love that. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete