Monday, December 7, 2009

Meet Shirley….

P1030936

Shirley is the newest member in our Wednesday’s Hand Quilting group and boy can she quilt!  Look at the Block of the Month quilt that she is currently working on!!  It is stunning…and the pictures do NOT do it justice!

P1030938 P1030927 P1030928  Aren’t the colours perfect!  Once a month, Shirley gets a package in the mail and everything is included. Make sure you click on the pictures to enlarge the blocks…you will be so impressed with Shirley’s corners!

P1030931 P1030932 P1030933 P1030934 P1030935  P1030937

 

P1030929

A picture is worth a thousand words but all I can say is WOW!!  I took a ton of pictures so that you could see how stunning it is!  Not only is Shirley a wonderful quilter but she is also a very nice lady…the perfect addition to our little group!

A WIN SPOTTED!!!  I know, I usually report on a give away in this spot….but I just had to report a WIN! 

image

I won the pattern to this gorgeous quilt and pillows!!  Isn’t it beautiful…it’s called  Teen Dreams! I can’t wait to make this quilt because apparently if you sleep under a Teen Dreams you’ll wake up younger!  Now I can go for that one… Thank you Rose from Threadbare!  I’m LOVING this quilt and pillows.  I’m already feeling younger!

Have a marvelous Monday and Happy Quilting!

14 comments:

  1. I love feathered stars. I took a class once and learned how to make one without any inset or "y" seams. Never finished. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is FABULOUS! I'm so jealous that her corners look like corners, and the fabric is just lovely too...acyually its just amazing altogether!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please pass on my compliments to Shirley - a gorgeous quilt! and lucky you! what a pretty quilt pattern you've won, and nice added bonus - waking up younger - does that mean you would now have more time to quilt???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilt, and a lovely lady too, i can only echo your comments, WOW! another talented lady.
    Congrats on your win, Just think of HOW MUCH stuff you can make with all that newly claimed time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your win...lucky young girl!
    Oh wow, Shirley's quilt is beautiful..please pass on my compliments to her, can I ask where the BOM is from...I love it!
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG...that quilt is absolutely stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shirley's quilt is just gorgeous! Congratulations on your win.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your win! That pattern is soo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shirley's quilt is gorgeous. Those points are amazing.

    Well done on your win. When you've slept under it, you will be passing it round your friends, right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am totally in awe of that quilt! Speechless! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful quilt and a pretty pattern you won.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucky you winning one of Rose's patterns - she has some gorgeous designs, and she is a wonderful pattern writer!

    Your friend Shirley's quilt - can I just say: WOW!!! That is stunning! Please give her my compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This quilt is utterly gorgeous. I LOVE the central feathered star and would love to try one some day.
    I also love your seasonal header photo - very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations winning the pattern.

    ReplyDelete