Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I’m Losing My Mind…

..or maybe I never had one!!  Yesterday I was looking for my Eleanor Burns Flying Geese Ruler and stumbled onto this…

It’s the pattern called Fit to Frame: Set Four by Lori Smith.  In the back of the zip lock bag I had slipped in this black and brown fabric…

P1080311

BINGO!  I had a flash back to the Quilter’s Coop in Temecula, California and this…sweet little quilt!!  It is small…Schnibble size…and a lot cuter than this picture indicates.

image

I bought the pattern on the spot, tucked the fabric into the ziplock and promptly forgot all about it!!  HOW could I do that?…look at this lovely fabric…and these sweet little quilts…

P1080309

Is it just me?…or do you do things like this? …PLUS I never did find my Fly Geese Ruler!!

Now I have to hustle, finish the churn dash quilt and hopefully start this one before we get the next step for the ‘Between Charming Friends’ Quilt Along…YIKES!!  I need more hours in a day!!  (AND I’m not even going to mention housework or gardening…!!)

Have a terrific Tuesday and Happy Quilting!

11 comments:

  1. Very cute and the fabrics are perfect! What a happy surprise! Housework? What's that? LOL Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of how many quilt shops you visited on your tour, it's only natural that you don't remember every pattern and piece of fabric you bought. What a nice surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been cleaning out things and finding things I forgot about too, lol. It is like getting something new, all over again;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Ha I do the same thing all the time. In fact just yesterday I was doing some Studio organizing and came across 3 different pattern/fabric combos that I had hidden in the original bags from the store!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great surprise! I really like it made out of the fabrics you got, much more than the original. Makes me want to make one. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh wonderful!! Love that fabric combination!

    Have lots of fun sewing!

    Sometimes I wish I didn't have to sleep so i could keep on sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You hit the jackpot with that kit....I LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the fabrics for this little gem -- can't wait to see it all stitched up. I'm glad to hear that other people have these "storage" issues - that's what I call it when I know I have something somewhere and the search leads me to a project I totally forgot about - it isn't my forgetfulness, its a "storage" problem!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You mean you do housework?

    Love the fabrics and yes, I do things like that all the time. (Remember my clematis post a few days ago?

    ReplyDelete
  10. *lol* What a lovely surprise! I love finding stuff I forgot I had, not that it happens very often, but it does happen :o)

    That is the sweetest little quilt, so I can see why your fingers are itching to make it! So put the housework and the gardening on hold! And have a ball with your sewing machine :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahahaha - no you are a perfectly sane quilt - I too have been know to do similiar. Always a nice surprise to find when you least expect it.

    ReplyDelete