Thursday, December 9, 2010

It’s the most wonderful time of the year??

Well here we are STUFFED with just a ‘few sips’ of wine under our (loosened) belts!  Last night My Ladies Group met at a Winery for our annual Christmas Dinner!  Good food, great wine and even better FRIENDS!!P1100992-1

I just want to say what a wonderful, supportive group of ladies this is…would you believe that we have been meeting for ‘around’ 30 years now!  Time sure flies when you’re having fun…I remember when our Christmas Party would consist of renting a hall and having games and Santa for our kids…such happy memories…Ahhhhh yes…things have certainly changed…from screaming kids to wine tasting with the ‘girls’???  NOW that’s what I call evolution…!

On the quilting front~ These are JUST a FEW of the creations made by members of Heritage Quilting on Monday…man…I am SEW behind!!

Delores was busy making these soft little stuffies for the local hospital.  She has donated over 25 of them!!  Such a wonderful, worthwhile project…a little something for a sick child to cuddle and cherish!!

P1100884

Rosemarie has finished her daisy quilt…I ♥ it!!  So scrap happy!!

P1100887

And beautifully done!P1100889

Diane (what a wonderful lady!!) made this gorgeous wreath quilt at a retreat a few weeks back!

P1100836

And look at her free motion quilting!  She said she has been working really hard at mastering this technique..and I think she has succeeded!

P1100837

Terri is new to the group and man has she ever been busy!!  She made four of these pillows that were to be auctioned off..with the proceeds going to Aids in Africa!!  Just love them!

P1100839

FYI..Here’s the pattern that Terri used…

 P1100842

Some of the quilters were downstairs taking a class in trapunto quilting…stunning!!

P1100855

A sweet stocking…

P1100857

A cute little Holly Hobby/Sun Bonnet Sue wall hanging..made for a special little girl.

P1100862

Gorgeous bird appliqués…

P1100871

Some scrappy donation quilts…love them!

P1100872

Looking through the window…to the garden…ahhhh spring!

P1100874This lady has been SEW busy!!  A lovely scrap quilt! 
P1100876

And finally ME…man I hate doing this!!  But I just had to tell the story of Quilt Sue and the traveling quilt!! 

P1100879

So there you have it! 

Today I get to STAY HOME!!  Yipppeee!  Is it REALLY December 9th?!  YIKES!!  I have to get my…”you know what”…in gear and start  thinking Christmas!!

Have a thrilling Thursday and Happy Quilting/ Decorating/ Baking/ Cleaning/Shopping/Wrapping kind of Day!  (Whoever said this was THE BEST TIME OF YEAR must have been a man!!) ~P

15 comments:

  1. Your group looks just wonderful. The FMQ and trupunto is stunning. There are some talented ladies in your group. I am so glad you shared your Sue quilt. It's a great story and beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful group of ladies,,and wow on the projects,,you ladies have been busy,,,Merry Christmas..enjoy your day off..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of fabulous talent with wonderful projects.

    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your quilt that the fabulous Miss Sue quilted for you! You are both just so talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful things that your group made and it will make a lot of people happy.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your quilt!!! It was nice to pop in and see the fun you have been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quilts again, so much inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was Santa, silly. He has staff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you figure out how to get your "you know what" in gear, please let me know how!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not a wine drinker but meeting at the winery sounds like a good place. My group is meeting at The Cheese Cake Factory. I am not going because of the long drive but went last year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Paulette for that lovely picture and comment. Quilting does bring out the best in us all. Now to get in "Gear" and get Christmas underway. Have a wonderful holiday! Diane M.

    ReplyDelete
  12. way to conquer your fear!..I, too would not like to have to get up and speak in front of so many people!!..good for you!!..but I am sure talking about your special quilt was easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A winery - how lovely! The projects are just gorgeous and so inspiring - and good for you on getting up there and telling the story of your quilt!! I had to laugh at your comment about it being the most wonderful time of the year - for sure it was someone who didn't lift a finger, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Every week I am in total awe at the things your group produces.

    As for your comment about Christmas, funnily enough, my daughter and I came to exactly the same conclusion last night. Now I really must get off this computer and write some cards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the variety of quilting and sewing projects of your group. Do you do more hand sewing there or machine quilting ?

    ReplyDelete