Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Pens are Perfect!! And so is Rylie!

Jackie from Blessed Beyond Belief has an incredible blog!  How can you not enjoy her blog…she combines her love of quilting…which is her hobbie, with her job…which is raising puppies!  Talk about a win, win situation.  If you are not eyeballing gorgeous quilts you are ohhhing and ahhing cute little puppies!  

Anyways, Jackie was really interested in the Heat sensitive pens…remember these?  I wrote about them HEREimage

They worked great…you marked your fabric with them, stitched over the ink, then with a tap of an iron the ink magically disappeared!  Sounds great doesn’t it?  Well we soon found out that when the quilts got cold (freezer cold) the ink came back!  Not so good!

Well to make a long story short, Jackie experimented with these pens a little further and discovered that if you iron the quilt, the ink disappears and then if you wash the quilt the ink NEVER returns regardless of how cold the quilt gets…you can take that quilt to the South Pole and the ink won’t return!!  So I have a new found respect for these pens thanks to Jackie!!  I will definitely use them now when marking my quilts!  You done good, Jackie!

Remember how I said Jackie raised puppies…well…I met Jackie almost two years ago when we were looking for a puppy…we REALLY wanted a Cockapoo and Jackie is a Cockapoo Breeder from Washington.  So we emailed back and forth a few times and when one of her dogs had a litter we picked out our little Rylie!  (The best cockapoo that Jackie has ever raised I might add!)  If you are feeling like a puppy fix you can visit Jackie’s Camano Island Cockapoo Website HERE!  Be prepared to see some incredibly cute puppies!

It ended up that Jackie and I had a lot in common…our love of cockapoos and through blogging we discovered that we both love quilting… all discovered long after adopting Rylie!  You got to LOVE blogging!!

Now talking about incredible bloggers and Rylie…Enter DEBBIE Goode…a blogging Artist!  Debbie writes a blog called The Goode Life and she also has a website promoting her art called Debbie Goode~ Nature and Wildlife Artist.   Debbie and her husband Bill are full time RVers and are now staying at The Sands.

A couple of months ago when Debbie saw a picture of Rylie on our blog she said she couldn’t resist, she just HAD to paint Rylie’s sweet little face!  I mean really…just look at those eyes!!

image

Thanks to Debbie we are now the proud owners of a beautiful portrait of Rylie!  It is just gorgeous~ the detail is incredible!  We can’t thank Debbie enough for the wonderful job she did of capturing Rylie’s likeness…especially her big brown eyes and curly top!   It’s just wonderful!  And all through blogging!!

Yes, Rylie was full of kisses for his favourite Artist.  Debbie was sad to see that the Groomer had cut off those magnificent curls on top!

image

If you have a pet or animal that you would like a portrait of, Debbie takes commissions…Just go to her Website…Debbie Goode-Nature and Wildlife Artist.  You will not be sorry as she does stunning work!

Yes, you meet the most wonderful, interesting and talented people while blogging!

Have a super Sunday and Happy Quilting!~P

14 comments:

  1. I use and love the frixion pens. You have to be careful though. I used them on some batik and hand dyed fabric and found that after I iron them and the ink dissapeared it left a thin white line. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we were chatting yesterday, you mentioned you had a blog and I am so glad I discovered you here! I'm just sorry it took me so long. Thanks for the wonderful "PR" on me and the Rylie portrait it is much appreciated. You and Rick have both been wonderful. Now, I"m off to check out those PUPPIES....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you found a way to use the pens. I usually heat set my items, but it depends on what you are using. What a wonderful portait of Rylie.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful portrait of Riley. You are so fortunate to know such a talented artist.......and to have such a beautiful pet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your are saying that that is an actual portrait? if so, that is sooooooooooo amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paulette...you're killin me here...you keep finding ways for me to part with my mola! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Sunday blog just made my day!! Quilts plus puppies is a sweet combination for a cloudy, rainy day here.Thanks for each and every blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to know about the pens, I'll have to look for them, maybe they'll last longer than the washable markers, lol. That portrait of Rylie is INCREDIBLE - what a talent!

    ReplyDelete
  9. blogging is the best!..and you do 'meet' the best people!....

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely portrait Debbie has made of your dog Riley. It is just precious. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie does a wonderful job on pet portraits! The one of Rylie is beautiful. :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! That painting of Rylie is incredible.....if it is ok with Debbie want to put that on my blog and website :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. +1 on Goulet Pens. I keep ordering stuff from them even when I don't need it. And their "swab shop" and ink samples are terrific tools for helping you choose inks.

    I've been tempted to try the glass dip pens, but now I know I can wait for your review. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to hear the good news about the pens....will look for them now. Sweet, sweet puppy portrait!

    ReplyDelete