Monday, June 27, 2011

Climbing the Quilting Ladder…

YIKES!!  I slept in and I have Heritage Quilting today AND I am on kitchen duties…which means I am one of the quilters bringing the goodies and starting the coffee/tea!  I CAN’T BE LATE!  Can you picture a room full of ladies (70-100) without their coffee and a cookie to dunk?  Not a pretty sight, is it? 

Just a quick sharing…stopped at ‘a’ Garage Sale on Saturday :o) and just HAD to share what I bought…

…What every quilter dreams of…a ladder!  Yup, hubby did a definite eye roll when he saw this one!!  Oh well…he’ll get over it!!  :o)…So here she is and must say she is VERY sweet.

  P1140511

Let me pan back…not too big…not too small…just right!

P1140505

I’m not SURE of where she will reside…but for now she is in our family room…where hubby can look at her all day long!! haha

P1140512

The cost of this little ladder…$1!! SCORE!! I think she was at one time a bunk bed ladder…BUT she is much happier as a quilt ladder…or SEW she says!

Have a Merry Monday and Happy Quilting!~P

21 comments:

  1. It's just perfect. What is he whining about? Remind him that he didn't have to do any manual labor like attach it to the wall like I had my Dear Hubby do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! $1 is a bargain, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bargain find. I wish I had though of that, think we threw my sons ladder out, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ladder is an awesome score!! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great with your quilt, good find. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it !! I would love a ladder too!! And what a bargin! the quilts look great hanging there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your ladder and look how it showcases your quilts- perfect!:) I also loved your Dresden quilt- mighty impressive!! Thanks for the heads up on the Baby Go! Just hopped over to leave a comment! Thanks again and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome score! I'm super jealous. Yours looks just beautiful. Now I can copy you : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know I have one of those ladders around here somewhere. Guess I'll be looking for it and copying your idea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your find...fantastic price. I have one that my dear brother in law made for me specifically for quilts. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A definite score!! Perfect in your pretty home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a deal! It looks great too. I saw someone yesterday who was using it to store flimsies as a reminder of what needed to be quilted.

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, Paulette that ladder is fabulous. I'd be asking my hubby on a regularly basis if he'd seen my new ladder - LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous idea! I neer would have thought of that....

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love ladders, and made one out of 1x3's and dowels. It looks great all decked out with quilts. Great score at the garage sale.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well I hope you got there before they got a posse going to look for you, lol - LOVE that little ladder, that's on my list of must haves - trust you to find one for $1!

    ReplyDelete
  17. great way to re-use and recycle..all for a $1!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am totally jealous! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  19. You make me laugh, I can picture how your DH rolled his eyes and now has to sit and have the ladder next to him in the family room :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have one of those too but made specifically for my quilts :) My son's ex-girlfriend made it for me...LOVE it..yours is really cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the quilt ladder you got at a garage sale. It's really my dream ladder. Can I have it?

    ReplyDelete