Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Change in Plans…

As most of you know, my hubby and I are Snowbirds…we fly the coop…and head south for the Winter months where the weather is warm and sunny!  We trade the wet West Coast Rainforests of Vancouver Island in for the dry hot desert of Desert Hot Springs (which is right beside Palm Springs in Southern California). 

We normally leave right after Christmas…as soon as the ‘kids’ leave, we quickly take down the Christmas tree, hitch up the 5th wheel and head ‘er out! (If you want to see what our 5th wheel is like, then click HERE!) IMG_4385Well this year we are changing things up a bit…the ‘kids’ want to join us down south this year for Christmas…which means we get to leave early!!  How early?  Well…we leave in LESS than 6 weeks… November FIRST to be exact!!  YIKES!!I start to hyperventilate just thinking about it!  Why?  Because I can’t decide WHAT sewing projects to take!!  I mean I can’t get down there with nothing to do!! 

SEW..yesterday I went through patterns…and before I knew it I had a stack that would take me a life time to do! 

Then I remembered all of my UFOs…maybe I should bring those??  Decisions…decisions!  There are those apple cores, tumblers, bowties, hexagons, little baskets and applique…shheeesh!!  AND what about WOOL??  What WAS I thinking…you’re right!  Let’s take the UFOs and forget about the patterns and starting something new…because you know me…there will be THOSE visits to The Quilter’s Coop, The Country Loft, Temecula and Co. and the Calico Horse!!  And in January there is ALWAYS the Road to California and coffee with…

Eleanor Burns!! :o)  She is SEW sweet!

And of course friends from home (BC) will be joining us…like Kim, Chris, Jennifer and Sandy (with her new body!!)

P1050949

And then there are ALL the Club House Quilters!!  Can’t wait!

Even the mutzos are excited about meeting up with their Snowdogging friends…ahhhh they remember it well!

IMG_5198

So UFOs it is!  Isn’t it funny how clear some decisions become after you discuss them with friends!  Thanks for your help!

Have a SUPER Sunday and Happy Quilting!~P

26 comments:

  1. Happy UFO reminiscing and of course happy packing. Will be fun to see what you get accomplished this winter. Also look forward to seeing the group at the club house, as they always inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you're getting ready to head south that must mean that spring and summer just flew right on by.

    You know I'm going to be riding right along side of you.
    Hope you don't mind the extra company.
    hugs and looking forward to another stint in the desert.
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you! I look forward to the time I can retire and maybe be able to head to warmer climate for the winter. This spring/summer went by way to quickly, not looking forward to winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shoot, Paulette...leave everything at home and buy everything new..except for your notions, necessities and sewing machine...unless you want to start fresh with those too!

    Just think of all the shopping you'd get to do. A gal can dream, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will be nice getting out of the cold, ahead of time and I am sure you have lots of kits and projects you will bring to work on during the trip. And we know you are going to stop at a zillion quilt stores on the way, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds wonderful! We just bought a place inFountain Hills(Phoenix) and are looking forward to escaping our cold Sask winters in the future! And , yes, the first thing I bought (birthday present) was a sewing machine
    to leave down there!
    UFO's sound like a good place to start, but I find fabric prices so reasonable compared to Canada that I am sure you will find some new exciting projects to start as well!
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excited for you....Better traveling weather too.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. November 1st is certainly soon. How lucky you are to be able to leave the rain and dampness. I had to turn the furnace on this morning. Good idea to take your UFOs, but I think a few new projects would also be a good choice. Just in case you get tired of the UFOs. You're going to be away for quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems like you just got home! :) I'm sure you have some wonderful UFOs to take with you and of course, you'll start some new things too. But you're right, it's the sewing projects that are most important and take loads of planning. Decisions about clothes, etc can wait until the end of October!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you have wonderful Ufos to finish so you can take with you and start some littles new projects.

    Congratulations,that tudor fabrics are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I'm as excited as you are for your southern trip. I love seeing all the quilt shops thru your eyes because we so think alike! Have fun getting all those projects together. Wouldn't want to run out of something to do...that would be terrible. After all, then you'd have to go shopping at one of those great shops to buy something. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, wow, wow I'm so excited for you!!! Two extra months! woohoo!

    I'm with Kaaren - leave the stuff at home and buy new. teehee

    Oh, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this year I'll get to drive over to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kaaren and Darlene have the right idea ! ! !
    We know you ♥ shopping. :*)

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to be a sunbird........I live in the south and when the sun comes out full force in May I want to go north till October then return to the south. Soon I will be able to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If your ever near Temecula they have some nice quilt stores.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow what a way to speed things up, sounds like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. If I were you I'd be frantically making lists! I might not be more organized with lists but I think I am and that's what counts. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woohoo!! Loved it down there when we went in January! I went to the quilt shops and even a newly opened knitting store. They were all great! Hubby did some golfing at Terra Lago and Eagle Falls and has a super time (although he wished he brought his own clubs). Our friends stay in Indio for the winter... Maybe I will convince hubby to go again in the New Year for the Bob Hope Classic! Happy packing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhh, how exciting!! You get to leave early and your kids will be joining you for Christmas! I can't believe it's gone by that fast and here we are again- looking forward to your travels!!:) You always do such a great job keeping everyone posted and always LOVE the pictures!!!:) Have a great time and will be following you for sure! It's nice to see warm pictures when the cold and snow is blowing everywhere here in Ohio!! I love your new entranceway- love that tile!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gee, will you still have room for your shopping trips? *G* Good decision girl, and how exciting to get to leave early!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Six weeks!! Wow - that is soon. Glad I could help you decide on what to pack by just listening. You'll keep busy one way or the other.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yikes, that really makes Christmas seem close doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  23. How wonderful, you are so lucky! Christmas in the sunshine and warmth...that will be different! Pack plenty of projects, but like you said, you can always purchase!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Paulette,
    Just thought you might like to visit a new shop that is opening in San Marcos Ca between Quilters Coop and Country Loft. It is a very cute shop and has a lot in store for all of us in the north San Diego County area.

    It opens on October 1st "Grand Country Quilters" my new home away from home!

    Beth B

    ReplyDelete
  25. I was just looking at your blog the other day and trying to remember when it is you make your annual migration, how fun you get to come down early this year. While we are still having warm weather, there is definitely a hint of autumn in the air these days. So you shouldn't be too miserably hot when you do get here. And if you forget anything to bring, you can always buy more right?

    ReplyDelete