Friday, February 24, 2012

TAH-DAH!!

Synthia, my Blogging friend and fellow Snowbirder, has just finished the LAST blocks to Primitive Gatherings’ Block of the Week…and they are MAGNIFICENT!!  Be prepared to have your socks knocked right off those FEET! 

image

This quilt is going to be stunning…an heirloom quilt for sure!  Just look at Synthia’s work…WONDERFUL…and the perfect project to do while on the road or sitting in your Palm Springs condo!!  Ahhh Synthia has the good life!

image

All Synthia has left to stitch are the appliqued borders and cornerstones, along with piano keys sashing and final border…a piece of cake!! :) 

Thanks for sharing Synthia!  You will have to send us pictures when it is all finished!  I’m dying to see how you are going to quilt it!

On to other NEWS!!

               charm school

GIVE AWAY…If you haven’t already entered my “Back to Charm School Give Away’ then you need to go HERE!!  Time is running out…the winner of the book will be announced tomorrow night!  Remember you have ELEVEN chances to win…simply Hop to the other participants’ blogs and leaving a comment…and who knows…this book may be in your hands by next week!  OK..OK…who am I kidding…mail is slow…maybe, if you are lucky, you will receive it by April…but what an April it will be!  You are going to LOVE this book!

  Here are the links to the hop~

Feb.20~ Maureen Baly                moequiltz.blogspot.com

Feb.20~Paulette Doyle                sweetp-paulette.blogspot.com

Feb. 21~Lori DeJarnatt                humblequilts.blogspot.com

Feb. 21~Jo Kramer                        joscountryjunction.com

Feb. 22~ Sherri McConell               aquiltinglife.blogspot.com

Feb. 22~ Karen Griska                    selvageblog.blogspot.com

Feb.23~ Julie Winkler                    juliekquilts.blogspot.com

Feb.24~ Sarah Craig    confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com

Feb.24~Suzanne Melkoski            coloradolady.blogspot.com

Feb.25~Michelle Marr               mychellem.blogspot.com

Feb.25~ Pat Wys        silverthimbletalk.blogspot.com

Now hop to it…and good luck!!  Be there or be square!

Today, myself and three gal friends will be hitting every Thrift Shop from LaQuinta to Palm Springs…I wonder what treasures await us??  I’m told that whatever ‘treasure’ I find has to be small and weigh less than a feather…I think I am up for the challenge!!

Have a FUN Thrifty Friday and Happy Quilting!~P

7 comments:

  1. Synthia's blocks are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blocks, and thanks for reminding us, I haven't hit the other sites yet;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Synthia's blocks are beautiful and I hope you post the finished quilt when it is done.

    I follow your blog and do wonder where you "stash" everything you buy and make... You must be much more organized than I am. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. The two wool blocks are wonderful, wonderful! Was she working from a kit?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had fun!! I scored a Wool Jacket in an interesting colour for $3. and a cute dress for Kassidy - all in one 5 minute stop. Off to watch her dance tonight in the Music Festival.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Synthia's blocks are just wonderful! But now my feet are cold!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Synthia is my mother and I agree her blocks are beautiful! I know she's glad to have them finished. I can't wait to see them when she gets home. Thanks for posting her work. It's fun to see it here!

    ReplyDelete