Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Palm Springs’ Quilt Show for 2012

The Palm Springs’ Quilt Show for 2012 was held this weekend…and as usual, the area Quilting Guilds did a wonderful job hosting it!  This show is held every other year and is worth the wait…it is small but enough to satisfy you for both gazing at quilts and visiting vendors…And if you remember … it WAS the Spring Fling Shop Hop this weekend too!  A person can only handle so much quilty goodness! :)

Let me show you a little sprinkling of the quilts that were hanging at the show…

A beautiful Christmas quilt…wouldn’t it be wonderful to take this one out of the cupboard and hang it on the wall every Christmas?  Hmmm…I wonder if I made a ‘tree quilt’ …would I still need to put up a real Christmas tree??  With this hanging would anyone notice there was no tree??  Food for thought…

P1170565

I love hexagons…and this quilt was a stunner!  It had almost an Asian flavour to it…

P1170566

…and I thought the quilting was interesting!

P1170567

Here’s another close-up…

P1170568

From afar this looked like a simple basket quilt…but as you got closer you saw the quilting!  POW!

P1170569

Each basket was quilted with a different intricate bouquet of flowers!  Just lovely and very subtle…P1170570

This quilt would be perfect to drape over a couch on a cool Fall day…loved the colours!

P1170571

Look at the hand quilting on this quilt…and it was a large quilt too!!  Unfortunately the big picture of this quilt was blurry…sorry!  But you get the idea…sort of…

P1170572

This quilt was interesting and very different…buttons and netting were sewn in the middle of each flower but it was the quilting that made this quilt sing…see the leaves quilted in between the flowers…and each petal of the flowers had been stitched.  Love that!

P1170574

OMGosh…this quilt was AMAZING…all hand appliqued on the sides and in some blocks!  LOVED it and I bowed to the quilter!!  What an incredible job!

P1170575

A million leaves and stems…

P1170576

Yup…incredible!

P1170578

Sandy and I were both speechless when we saw this quilt…the blocks were small and a thousand pieces in many of them!!  AND it’s red and white…need I say more!!

P1170580

This little quilt reminded me that Spring is just around the corner back home…wouldn’t this be a sweet one to hang at this time of year!

P1170581

Let me zoom in…..

P1170582

Yup, I could handle this one!!  Very cute!! 

P1170583

And of course there were lots of little table toppers….

P1170584P1170585

And then of course the maple leaf…made me homesick!  Only 18 days till we head for home…

P1170586

Now didn’t THOSE five months go FAST!!  Ouch!

You have a terrific Tuesday and Happy Quilting!~P

20 comments:

  1. Stunning quilts! That red and white one is really something. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the PS Quilt show with us. I really wanted to go this year but it was not meant to be. They were some beauties this year as in the past. Enjoy you last two weeks in the desert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful show , amazing quilts and quilting !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful quilts, love the red and white one and the mini quilt display.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is...Wow! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the quilt show, the red and white is stunning and my favorite. The hexagon is interesting, I like how it was machine stitched to make the hexagons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous quilts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great show. I love the red and white one and the Christmas tree. If you get away with not putting up a real tree let me know cuz I'm gonna make one too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely time I just had at your quilt show! Thanks for good photos of quilting designs and lines. Wow to the maker of the stars and applique! They were ALL stunning, but the stars and applique were over-the-top.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful quilts would love to have seen them but this is the next best thing
    I am going to a quilt show this Saturday
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing.. I need to make a red/white quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Does anyone know what the pattern is for the Christmas Tree Quilt. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Christmas Tree Quilt is beautiful. Does anyone know if the pattern is available?
    Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, I can't believe that the red/white quilt had a second place ribbon. What was first!? Fabulous quilts....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another spectacular quilt show. I would sure love to live in southern California. So many wonderful quilt shops and quilt shows. I guess you'll miss all this when you get home. But I'm sure you will have other things to devote your time to, like gardening. Things are starting to get going here now, lots of flowers putting on a show. Still a little cool at night, but spring really is in the air!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing your lovely photos of the quilt show. So much inspiration. One think that I liked was a photo of the Quilter mounted with each description.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing. My knees have kept me from attending any shows for a while and I really miss going. It is nice to see beautiful quilts on other blogs. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The red and white quilt is what caught my eye. Love the red.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for taking the time to take photos and share all these WONDERFULL quilts with us. There are so many pretty ones, inspiring.

    I lived in So California for many years and have visited many times too...I didn't even know that Palm Springs had a quilt show... =(

    hugZ,
    annie
    anniesrubyslipperz.com

    ReplyDelete