Monday, September 16, 2013

Back to the FAIR!

I almost forgot that I promised you another day at the Cowichan Fair…this time to see all of the lovely wool work! 

First up is Glynis’ Garden Quilt…I wish you could have seen the whole thing as it was magnificent…and the judges agreed!  Glynis got a first place ribbon and a Judge’s Choice award!!

 Copy (2) of P1240232

Each year the wool display is growing in size and now has it own area! 

Copy of P1240211-001

Here’s Vicky’s little snowman mat which placed second!!  I love this little mat!  Copy of P1240212

Here’s Sandy’s Dress Me Up Frosty!  This is Sandy’s second attempt at working with wool and she did an awesome job!    Just LOOK at those little itty bitty pieces!!  WOW!  AND her hubby sacrificed his wool hunting pants for this wool mat!!  What a guy!

P1240213

Here’s Delores’ snowman angel looking very festive with a third place ribbon attached!

P1240214

Glynis’ Favourite Things was a hit and received another Blue Ribbon!! 

P1240215

Vicky’s Snow People Runner received a second!!  Isn’t this adorable!

P1240216

Seeing Evelyn’s Album was a highlight for me!!  LOVE this quilt!!  Yup, it was another of Glynis’…man, this woman can stitch!!  Her workman ship is perfect!

P1240217

Have a look for yourself…see?  Now you know why Glynis has a wheelbarrow full of blue ribbons!!!

P1240218

But enough about WOOL…let me show you a few other exhibits at the Fair…like these CROWS!!  Adorable or what?!  LOOK at the first crow!!  He is a sewing crow…see the bobbins on his wings and he has a thimble hat!!  I WANT!!

P1240243

Here is a lesson on how to make your own wee tree…cute or what!

P1240244

Turn Granny’s old treadle into a bench!!  Love it!!

P1240245

Here’s another angle of it!

P1240246

Wouldn’t this be cute hanging in your garden…made from an old wheelbarrow wheel!!  Adorable!

P1240247

WOOL Felted birds!! 

P1240248 P1240249

Dang cute!!

P1240250 P1240251

A special box recycled from an old sewing machine!  Wouldn’t this look great in a sewing room…like MINE!

P1240260

And yes this is a HAT!!  Hmmm… can’t you see me wearing this in Palm Springs!!  Might have to replace those rhinestones for feathers!

P1240263

Sandy’s daughter, Christine made this and won a Special Award!!  You rock, Christine!!P1240253

Tired of polishing silver?…Well then, turn it into garden art!!

P1240254

Loved these little gift tags…wouldn’t they look cute… only in fabric appliquéd around a quilt!  Geeze…I think I need to get out of the sewing room more often!!

P1240261

One of these days I am going to make one of these things!!  Love them! 

P1240255  And of course the Fall Fair wouldn’t be complete without flowers… 

P1240262

And fruits and veggies…

P1240264

AND Delores’ Apple Pie which went home with a First Place Ribbon… AGAIN!!

P1240258

Delores REALLY needs to bring one (or more) of these to Heritage Quilting!  We want a taste so that we can see what all the fuss is about!

SEW…that wraps up another Cowichan Exhibition!!  Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!

Have a great week!!  ~P

9 comments:

  1. What fun. Everything is beautiful, but I'm in love with those felted birds. I've never seen anything like it before. Too cute.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of fun quilts and items at the show. I actually have a pattern for a crow like that. I saw it as a freebie on a site but it was a mistake, but not before i got one, lol.
    Now i need to make one someday.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great show, thanks! I'm *almost* tempted to get into wool applique (but where would I keep my stash??!). Can't wait to see what you do with the hexie baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I would have loved to have been at the fair! So many great crafts. The crows are sooo cute. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Paulette! Thank you for sharing. So much creativity and inspiration...I especially love all the snowmen woolies :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a great bunch of stuff! I love everything, and now I know what to do with that old tire destined for the dump. HA ha!

    btw are you on Vancouver Island? We used to know some folks out at Cowichan Lake, a million years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightful post, so many great things to see, thanks!

    Carolyn
    That pie looks mighty good, too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seeing those great wool projects has me thinking I need to pull mine out again...just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The garden quilt is delightful. The little wool mat with the ring of snowman faces is what strikes my fancy the most. So cute.

    ReplyDelete