Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Where’s the CAMERA?

Don’t you hate it when you finish a project, gift it and then realize that you’ve forgotten to take a picture of the finished project!  UGH!

That’s what happened to this project…

These pictures were taken about a month ago…this quilt was a UFO for a long time…mainly because I knew that it was going to be a big quilt…really big… and I didn’t know how I was going to quilt it.

P1240055

So this winter I got it together and quilted it on the Mid-Arm and it turned out beautifully!!  Wish I could show you…(I could kick myself!!)

P1240103

I love the scrappiness of this quilt…yet there is still a pattern to it.  I will definitely make this one again!P1240104

Anyways…it is finished, quilted in a leaf and daisy motif, bound and it became a birthday gift for someone special!!  I think she liked it!

Well we are officially ON THE ROAD heading south in search of WARMER weather!! We have donned our ‘beaks’ as we are now once again SNOWBIRDS!   If you see us, honk and wave…we will honk back (we are after all, snowbirds..HONK..HONK…) but chances are, I probably won’t see you…my head will be down and I will be stitching like crazy!  It’s how I cope on those busy freeways!  Man, do I ever get a lot done!!  :o)

Have a great day…and I hope you get time for a little stitching too!~P

9 comments:

  1. Have a safe and happily stitching trip! I need to get some wool projects cut out so I too can stitch although I am not a nervous traveler, I still like to be busy, makes the miles go by quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travel safe and keep those stitches out of the ditch! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe travels. Looking forward to seeing what's new in those wonderful California quilt and wool shops. Oh, and don't forget to let us see what you are stitching. Keep your head down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Safe travels! Have a great winter and happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have safe travels and there will be a little surprise when you arrive. I thought you said the 5th, so sent it out already.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you a safe journey. I am looking forward to hearing about your southern adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I posted to your husbands site...safe travels and honk when you go by the Portland Airport o n205...I will be home...and I did suggest he stop for you at Pioneer Quilts so that you can get that FIX early. :o)

    I just may be out there myself.

    Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Toot your horn as you pass Redding --I'll give you a wave.
    Safe journey all the way to your southern home.

    ReplyDelete