Monday, January 27, 2014

Sewing Mats…

Yesterday I mentioned that Gwen was teaching the Clubhouse Quilters how to make these sewing mats…

No this isn’t mine…BUT I wish it was!!  This is a picture of Maggey’s  mat that she just completed!!  Maggey is a faithful reader…and quilter extraordinaire and she wanted to share her creation!

Here’s the top of her mat…wow!!  Very sweet!

photo (7)

And here are the pockets…Don’t you love the fabric that Maggey picked?!  It’s a panel!  Now I’m sure that we ALL have a panel in our stash that caught our eye in the shops…we got it home and then didn’t know what to do with it.  Well thanks to Maggey, NOW we KNOW…turn it into a sewing mat!!  Oh I wish I was home…I have a couple of dang cute ones…WAITING…

photo (8)

But no…I went to JoAnn’s and bought more fabric for my mat…Gwen said we needed three fat quarters and a piece of batting.  Instead I found ‘already quilted fabric’…plus I bought matching green fabric for the binding….  Gwen has the mesh for the pockets…DONE!

P1250987

Now it’s off to the Clubhouse to make her up!!  Sure hope my mat turns out as cute as Maggey’s!!  Nahhh…not possible!

Thanks for sharing, Maggey!!  Loved seeing it! 

What about YOU?  Do you have a mat for your sewing table?  Wouldn’t you love to make one??  I’ll take lots of pictures so that you can follow along…See you tomorrow!…Remember, you need three fat Quarters…or a dang cute panel…

Have a Magical Monday and thanks for stopping by!~P

13 comments:

  1. Thanks, Looks like such fun. What a great group. I don't always comment, but I can't wait to come visit you each day! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute !

    I made a mat like yours a few years ago but I do not use it anymore because I found my sewing machine would slide around when sewing :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning.....I'd like to make a sewing mat...in fact we are to make one for the retreat that is held at Ruby's Inn in Utah next week. You certainly get a lot done, and it sounds like you have a fun group. Wish I lived closer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look forward to seeing your mat. Need to make one for take a longs!
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fabrics, really makes the piece.
    I use an old desk for my sewing machine, so never bothered with a mat, think it would get in my way.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see how it's done as I'm going on a quilt retreat in March and this would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks P. You made my day... I love quilting
    Hugs, Maggey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Several years ago I made myself one and backed it with denim. I added ties so I ca roll it up and store it with my sewing machine rolling tote. I also got some anti-slip that I put underneath. I used mess and keep a few tools in the pickets so I always have them at a class or retreat.

    To finish the project I designed my own soft machine cover so I can just turn off the machine and cover it and go at the end of the day,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see all the machine mats. Have a glorious day!
    Maggey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Paulette, looking forward to seeing finished result and instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, loved her work, and the fabric you have, pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to make this useful mat. Your fabric choice is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete