Saturday, August 16, 2014

Baby Quilt Marathon?

I am on a baby quilt marathon!  I need four baby quilts by October…and as we all know, babies do not wait! 

Good for me I have an Unfinish Object…This UFO has been in a tote for a couple of years…waiting for the perfect baby!

Yesterday I hauled out all the bits and pieces, finished stitching the rows…IMG_1644

…and then sewed the rows and presto!  I now have Baby Quilt #2 done! 

IMG_1648

Now WHY didn’t I finish this one sooner as it is dang cute!

IMG_1649

Fun twirling blocks on this one.  The quilt pattern is called “Merry Go Round”.  The blocks are suppose to be hexagons but at the last moment I twisted the blocks to form the whirling twirling blocks…more fun for a baby!

Two baby quilts down, two to go! 

But for now I have to stop the baby quilt marathon and get my ‘Winter Solstice’ Sew-A-Long ‘homework’ done!  Yikes the other quilters are finished and working on other parts of the quilt!  The pressure is on…!!

Have a Super Saturday and Happy Stitching!~P

4 comments:

  1. Aren't you the smart one! Lovely little quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the way you have twisted these blocks works very well, a very nice quilt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any baby's eyes will light up when they see that quilt, what a treasure.
    Hugs, Maggey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby quilts are great for using up scraps in simple patterns. Lucky you to have a few UFOs to finish up for baby quilts. This one is lovely.

    ReplyDelete