Friday, April 1, 2016

Beginnings and Endings...

March went by in a blink...heck, WINTER went by in a blink...and suddenly it's APRIL and SPRING!!  I think when life is full and busy, time just gets away from you!  And it's always nice to have a project to fall back on when life isn't so hectic...I'm talking hand work!  It's so nice to sit and stitch in the evenings...

This is what I have been 'working on' in my evenings this week....this Buttermilk Basin pillow is in its final stages of development...I just need to find some small buttons for the mouth.  Wouldn't you know that I have eighty million black buttons that are either too big or too small!  I need 'just right'!  I also need to sew on the knot to his scarf.  I just noticed that it has gone missing!

 This was such a fun one to stitch and it is so dang cute, that I think I will need to make more! Now I am on the hunt for tea-towel fabric!  Thanks again, Anna and Stacy... I won this in a Wool Mammoth Blog's Give Away!  What a great win!

In the meantime, I started a new wool project to work on in the evenings...It's a free pattern that Cheri Payne generously gifted to members of her Facebook page, Quilts by Cheri~Friendship Group.  The project is called "A Tisket, A Tasket" and can be found under "FILES" at the top of the page, under the header picture.

This is my first attempt at making fly stitches...ugh!  I'm thinking of either ripping them out and starting again ...or go for the 'rustic, prim' look...intentionally of course! :o))

I hope that wherever you live, you are experiencing this lovely, sunny, spring-like weather...and that you take a few minutes to go outside to smell the tulips!  Ahhh... there is nothing like a beautiful Spring day!  Enjoy!

Have a wonderful first day of  April...and that's no joke!~P

18 comments:

  1. Button, button, who's got the button? Isn't that always the case - as much as we collect, sometimes you need to hunt for just the right size. Your Buttermilk Basin snowman is so cute - their patterns are always fun. Please send us some of that warm sun - cold and snowy here in Wisconsin - no Spring yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunny warm for today in SE Washington. Headed to a Quilt Show!!! I hope Spring is here to stay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little pillow is wonderful. Good bye to winter full of JOY and on with Spring and stitching outside in the shade of an old oak tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am currently in the same dilemma with buttons on a project, but I don't think my project is as cute as yours! Love it!!
    I REALLY like that Cheri pattern (I guess there are some advantages to being on Facebook)! Hey, the first project where I used those stitches, I was shaking in my shoes, but I do think it enhances the prim look! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am determined to finish my snow man this weekend! lets do it!!! Love the baskets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that pillow! I just got a lot of Mimi buttons at the Creative Sewing Show, too small for this guy but perfect for Stacy's freebie blocks.

    Enjoy this great weather we're having.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your snowman pillow is sweet! The Tisket Tasket baskets look GREAT! I think your fly stitching is perfect! ❤️❤️What type of embroidery thread are you using? Can't wait to see your finish. This pattern is on "my list" too! Enjoy the sunshine today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So you won't feel bad, your friend JoAnn doesn't carry that toweling. I did find something similar @ Fabric Depot (online) for $7.19 a yd 16" wide. I'm going there next week so going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're being too hard on yourself. ...your fly stitches look just fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your snowman pillow IS so darn cute! Love the tea towel background. I think your fly stitches look great too... cute basket project!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your baskets, and your fly stitching. It's just like Cheri's would look, folky and primitive. I purchased some black buttons from Cloth Castle last year. They were in a small container with a large button-like top and there were various sizes. Loving the sunshine, it helps with the house hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such gorgeous patterns! Everyone loves a snowman

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think your fly stitches look great, not my favorite stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That snowman looks so fun, I might just enlarge my letters, would be fun on a door stopper too. Your stitches are fine and they look wonderful with the wool baskets.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Joy pillow is lovely, as for spring and tulips we are not at that stage yet and it is pouring down here! Baskets look good and can see nothing wrong with your fly stitch

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Paulette, I wish you a wonderful spring!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Always wonderful to see your stitcheries! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Spring, Spring, beautiful Spring... my favorite time of the year! I'm thinking your fly stitches are perfect and fit well with the design! I would keep them there as-is!

    ReplyDelete