Tuesday, April 19, 2016

The Loot...

We had the most PERFECT Spring day yesterday...25C and sunny!  To be honest, it was more like Summer than Spring ...the perfect day to celebrate ones' birthday!

Everyone has been asking to see 'the loot' from my trip to Calgary...I should have taken pictures as I was removing everything from the BIG red suitcase because right now that loot is scattered all over the place. What I will do, is round it all up today and take a photo for you to see tomorrow.

LUCKY me, I have other loot that I can show you...my Birthday loot!

Inside this beautiful QuiltCon Bag was...

...an Oliso 'smart' iron!!  I have lusted over these irons since I first saw them demoed at a Victoria Quilt Show...years ago!  Well they are even smarter now!  You just touch the handle and they practically iron by themselves!  My daughters went together and bought it for me!  Thank you girls!  You know the way to this mama's heart! :o))
 Are these not the SWEETEST strawberries!!

 Let me zoom in on them....Cute, eh?  Made by the berry crazy Sandy...one of the Five Bags Full!  They will look so sweet nestled in with my Summer bowl filler pillows...that is after I make some Summer Bowl Fillers pillows!  :o)) Thanks, Sandy...dang, stinking cute!!
 And Claire...well words cannot describe how exquisite this scissor keeper is!  The scissors are wonderful...but it's the holder that takes my breath away!

Let me take a close-up...and then you can click on it to make it even larger... that way you can savour every single wee stitch!  Yup, it's a work of art!  I love it...thank you. Claire!


And the flowers!!  How wonderful are they!! 

 And LOOK at what I received in the mail...on my birthday!  How did Sandi from ShhhDesign Blog KNOW that it was my birthday?  I think she must be psychic!  How sweet are YOU!  Thank you Sandi!  I love this turkey...Hmmm...is there a hidden message here...is she trying to tell me something?   Nahhh.....:o}}

Yup, yesterday was my birthday... I turned 64 big ones!  Is it just me... or does each year pass just a little bit faster...

Yup, this picture pretty much sums it up! 

But we won't dwell on THAT....instead...we should all have this sign hanging somewhere as a reminder...

....because Life is pretty darn SWEET!!

Have a terrific Tuesday and Happy Quilting!~P

24 comments:

  1. Those are wonderful gifts and thoughtful too. Always fun to get gifts that we can make things with or use in our quilting, like a kid in a toy store;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday Paulette. Yes life goes faster every year. It's just like a roll of toilet paper.....the closer you get to the end, the quicker it goes! Life is good. Have a blessed year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy bleated Birthday. Hope your celebration lasts for at least a month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday! You are so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family around you. Thanks for sharing with us all of your joys and beautiful gifts. I love your blog, it makes my day! K- lkw2x6-apq@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, Name Twin! Didn't realize that your trip was also a birthday adventure. You're about a year and a half behind me. Let us know how you like the iron. Mine is a GE so old that the cord is fabric, but I love it and hope that it lives forever (Jinx?) Can't wait to see what was in the red suitcase!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happiest of Birthday Wishes Paulette! Sounds like you had a fabulous trip...I imagine spending time with your daughters was the best gift!
    I hope you will do a review on the iron. I would love to hear what you think about it.
    Enjoy your Birthday week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad that pattern showed up on your birthday, I had fun making mine and you commented how you liked it. Even though the pattern is called Strutter ok named mine Turkey Sandwich.

    Have fun getting it done for Autumn/Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That a sweet assortment of gifts. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to you! Wonderful iron...you will love it! And those strawberries are the best! Love what Is printed on the rock!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday!! Your daughters hit a homerun with that iron!! Nice! Lovely gifts and flowers, lovely signs to remind you of how blessed you are. Right near perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Belated Birthday greetings P, looks like you had a terrific day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy, happy birthday, Sweet Paulette!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Happiest of Birthdays to you Sweet P....and may you have many more. I too find the days ticking by with added speed....perhaps because they are full and fun . :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Happiest of Birthdays to you Sweet P....and may you have many more. I too find the days ticking by with added speed....perhaps because they are full and fun . :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Many happy returns, thanks for sharing your gifts with us, so nice to see lovely gifts....I never thought I would all be impressed with an iron as a present, but as a quilter, yes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sending sweet birthday wishes your way. Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy happy Birthday Paulette! You received some wonderful gifts from family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Belated Birthday! Lovely gifts! You're going to love your Oliso iron.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, you were treated well for your birthday. Very smart, thoughtful daughters.
    Those strawberries are too cute, and I can't wait to see what you whip up to go with them.
    LOVE the turkey pattern.
    The rock says it all, doesn't it?
    Glad you had a happy day!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. belated happy birthday, some lovely gifts you have there, think that iron might be one that rises up on its own, not seen them here in the UK but think how good it would be to have one when I see them on the Missouri quilt videos, no more burnt hoes in the cover

    ReplyDelete
  21. Belated happy birthday, I'm about two months older than you and I love that stone. It perfectly describes how I feel most days. How did I get to be this age? So glad we don't feel old most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Birthday Paulette! I turned 62 last year which turned out to be good news for me. I thought I was 63 till a friend set me straight on the day!
    Lovely gifts... lucky you. I've got a bad case of 'iron envy' today. Love the words on that rock...lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Birthday to you! Beautiful gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Birthday, Paulette! Mine was last Tuesday - April birthdays are the best! :-) Looks like your birthday was awesome and your birthday loot too!

    ReplyDelete